What an incredible time we had on Saturday at the performance! I am so proud of all of my students!
Now that the dust has cleared from the theater residency, I have some important March dates and events to share with you. Please read through details carefully.
1. Wednesday, March 5 - Turquesa Library Trip
2. Monday, March 10 from 3:45-4:30 - ITBS Parent Meeting: We will be administering the Iowa Test of Basic Skills to 3rd-5th graders at the end of March . This meeting is an orientation to how we are going to administer the test,why we use the test, how we are going to prepare, the testing schedule and Q & A. This test is optional for students. If you would like your child to opt-out, please email me as soon as possible.
3. Thursday, March 13 from 4:00-6:00 - 10th ANNUAL MATH DAY! Our annual math day is one of our most popular events of the year! Next week, all of the Elementary students will select and practice a math presentation. At Math Day, each child gives his/her presentation to a rotation of parents. This is a fun community event that is based on the incredible hands-on Montessori Math curriculum. If your child cannot join us for Math Day, please let me know as soon as humanly possible. We spend lots of class time preparing and I will be able to support your child's experience best if I know in advance about an absence.
4. Tuesday, March 18: Field Trip to Seattle Children's Theater to see The Boy at the Edge of Everything. We are going to the 12:30 performance, so we will be leaving MCH at 10:45 and returning at 3:00. Would you like to drive? We would love to have you join us!
5. Monday-Wednesday, March 24-26: ITBS Testing for 3rd through 5th graders (mornings only)
One more thing...on March 20 from 5-6 pm, I am offering a Parent Orientation for next year's Fourth Grade parents. Happily, we have a whole handful of new students for the 2014-15 school year! I am wondering if any current Turquesa parents would be interesting in joining us for the meeting in order to provide the parent perspective. If you are interested, please let me know.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you so very much!