I wanted to drop a quick note to say just a couple of things.
1. We had an amazing week in Turquesa, complete with history lessons, NaNoWriMo (ask your child about our novel writing plans), math and spelling assessments and fun.
2. We have Parent Night on Monday, Sept. 8, from 6-8 pm. I'll be sharing this year's plans with you, talking about our new homework system and the schedule, and answering your questions. I hope you can make it! Parents only, please.
3. Your children are bringing several things home with them today:
- First, a list of "What to Pack/What Not to Pack" for our trip to Islandwood on Sept. 22. I understand that this may have been inadvertently omitted from the packet and I'm sorry for any confusion!
- Second, they have homework in the form of a Wordly Wise workbook with an assignment to finish exercises 1A, 1B, 1C and 1D by next Friday. They also have a new list of spelling words to practice for the post-test next week. We will talk more about homework on Monday night, but I wanted to give you a heads-up right away.
I hope you have a great weekend!
Please let me know if you have any questions.