Nurture AND Nature; developing your child's individual passions and strengths.
Because today's child is tomorrow's future.
Montessori Children's House is an AMS accredited Montessori school for children six weeks through eighth grade. Committed to an excellent holistic Montessori education that includes the partnership and involvement of families within our community, MCH is inspired by a growth mindset and is dedicated to serving the individual educational needs for children of all backgrounds.
Our beautiful five-acre campus is surrounded by protected wetlands and forested areas and is home to several farm animals including goats, chickens, rabbits, ducks and more. With a fully-enclosed Nature Trail, well-developed enrichment and extracurricular programs, this farm-like peaceful setting connects MCH students to their natural world.
Portrait of Graduate
Characteristics of Professional Excellence
The Excellent Professional...
1. Values the following:
2. Embodies respect for the child, self, community, and the environment.
3. Shares and pursues a growing passion for Montessori education with children, parents, colleagues, and the wider world.
4. Creates a safe, nurturing, and beautiful home-like environment where children can flourish and explore at their own pace.
5. Builds an ongoing authentic partnership between educator, parent, and student.
6. Collaborates with faculty, staff, and administration.
7. Engages in constructive communication through respectful dialogue and active listening.
8. Promotes community engagement by being inviting, involved, and building connections.
9. Grows professionally by continually seeking new information and applying best practices.
10. Models and creates opportunities for children to connect with the natural world, care for animals, and actively engages in sustainable environmental practices.
11. Honors the interconnectedness and diversity of all humans including individual, cultural, family, and learning differences.
12. Appreciates that they are empowered
to make a difference in a child’s life by understanding the child as a whole; balancing social, emotional, spiritual, physical and academic goals.