Nurture AND Nature; developing your child's individual passions and strengths.
Because today's child is tomorrow's future.
Igniting curiosity and empowering children to forge their own paths in an interconnected and dynamic world.
Montessori Children's House is an AMS accredited Montessori school for children six weeks through eighth grade. Committed to an excellent holistic Montessori education that includes the partnership and involvement of families within our community, MCH is inspired by a growth mindset and is dedicated to serving the individual educational needs for children of all backgrounds.
Our beautiful five-acre campus is surrounded by protected wetlands and forested areas and is home to several farm animals including goats, chickens, rabbits, ducks and more. With a fully-enclosed Nature Trail, well-developed enrichment and extracurricular programs, this farm-like peaceful setting connects MCH students to their natural world.
Peace education is a holistic and transformative approach that aims to cultivate not just the absence of conflict but the active presence of peace in the hearts and minds of individuals. Dr. Maria Montessori believed that peace was an intrinsic aspect of human nature, waiting to be discovered and nurtured.
In the Montessori philosophy, education becomes a powerful catalyst for the promotion of peace. It emphasizes the development of empathy, understanding, and a profound respect for diversity. Through self-directed learning, children and learners of all ages are encouraged to explore their own potential and that of the world around them, fostering a sense of responsibility and interconnectedness.
PORTRAIT OF A GRADUATE
- They demonstrate intrinsic motivation by recognizing their own capacity to direct and manage their learning.
- They see themselves as contributing members of their local and global community, and they use their strengths and passions to make a difference in the world.
- Their developing sense of respect and empathy empowers them to become true advocates for others, themselves, and the world around them.
- They are passionate learners who retain their curiosity throughout life by active participation, exploration, and discovery.
- They are confident individuals who possess a growing sense of identity and acceptance of self, which empowers them to become resilient.
- They welcome diversity and value differences by pursuing connections with others in meaningful ways with genuine acceptance.
- They approach life with joy!
CHARACTERISTICS OF PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
The Excellent Professional...
- Values the following:
- Acting with integrity
- Upholding confidentiality
- Maintaining patience
- Expressing compassion and understanding
- Striving towards a healthy work/life balance
- Embodies respect for the child, self, community, and the environment.
- Shares and pursues a growing passion for Montessori education with children, parents, colleagues, and the wider world.
- Creates a safe, nurturing, and beautiful home-like environment where children can flourish and explore at their own pace.
- Builds an ongoing authentic partnership between educator, parent, and student.
- Collaborates with faculty, staff, and administration.
- Engages in constructive communication through respectful dialogue and active listening.
- Promotes community engagement by being inviting, involved, and building connections.
- Grows professionally by continually seeking new information and applying best practices.
- Models and creates opportunities for children to connect with the natural world, care for animals, and actively engages in sustainable environmental practices.
- Honors the interconnectedness and diversity of all humans including individual, cultural, family, and learning differences.
- Appreciates that they are empoweredto make a difference in a child’s life by understanding the child as a whole; balancing social, emotional, spiritual, physical and academic goals.