We had such a fun time at HarvestFest on Saturday and we were glad to see so many familiar faces. We saw a lot of really great costumes and happy smiling faces. Here are the highlights from the past week and upcoming news:
Communicating with children can be hard! It’s important to lay a solid foundation throughout the Elementary years in order to be an in-touch, supportive, responsive parent who is raising a responsible, confident, healthy child. Join Ms. Nicole, Elementary Program Director in a lively discussion about how to have real, authentic conversations with your child.
Including a lot of discussion about how to:
- Start a conversation
- Really hear what your child’s saying
- Ensure that your communication builds trust
- Give your child hard news
- Learn what your child is thinking about
- Find out what your child is worried about
- Share your honest opinions
- Help your child build a sense of your family history
- Give your child constructive feedback and coaching in way that helps them make good decisions
- Much more
Please bring your questions, challenges and suggestions. We’ll provide hand-outs and other suggested resources, refreshments and coffee.
We hope you have a nice week and enjoy the sun. Have a fun, happy, and safe Halloween!
Ms. Nicole & Ms. Alyx
El Salon Turquesa Co-Lead Teachers